[Reasons Why You Should Never Go Backpacking]
Everyone loves to travel. It is a way for us to have a momentarily escape from all the hustle and bustle of our every life. Visiting other places is a popular trend nowadays as people started to realize that this world is too big for us to stay in one place, and as Rachel Wolchin quoted, “If we were meant to stay in one place, we would have roots instead of feet.”
Traveling allows us to diminish stress and toxicity of the redundancy of our jobs and other daily tasks. Going on a vacation is one way to rejuvenate our mind and reenergize our body that’s why it is vital that it should be stress and worry-free.
Many people, nowadays, enjoy backpacking or what we also call independent traveling. It allows people to organize their tours on their own. Usually, they figure out everything once they get to their destination. They go wherever their feet take them, and they would typically ask the locals’ advice on how to go about touring the place.
Although backpacking is quite a trend, there are several reasons why you should never go for it, especially when the sole purpose of your travel is to de-stress.
Here Are Some Of The Reasons Why You Should Reconsider Backpacking:
- Independent traveling or backpacking requires time, and it doesn’t provide you worry-free travel. You have to think about where to stay, which places to visit, or where to dine in. If relaxation is your idea of a vacation, which is what exactly it should be, then it is advisable that you get a guided tour instead of doing it on your own.
- A guided tour provides information about the places to visit. You get to learn the culture and history. When you are backpacking, you don’t have a local guide to show you around, and that is a considerable disadvantage, especially if you are staying for a limited time.
- Independent traveling or backpacking can sometimes come up with inconveniences such as unconfirmed reservations or worse to having a reservation at all, and you have to go around the city to find a decent place that would suit your needs.
- Independent traveling or backpacking does not give you an accurate quotation of your expenses. There are expenses that you might not anticipate, and you might end up not doing what you came to do.
- Independent traveling or backpacking is for daring and adventurous people and also for those who have plenty of time to spend, but if you are easily troubled with things like waiting in line, a rude customer service officer, or scarcity of people to get information from, then this kind of traveling is not for you.
A vacation is a seldom experience that we all look forward to – to be able to see other places, meet other people, eat different types of cuisine, and discover new cultures. These things should never be compromised when you are planning to relax or unwind. Go for a guided tour and be with the people who make you happy such as your spouse, family, or friends. It may cost more, but you will realize that it is all worth it.