You should believe it whenever a family member or even a stranger says that success comes to those who are not afraid of change. After all, that is the only permanent thing that can happen in this world. It does not matter if it’s for your wardrobe or your love life or your own business that experiences changes. What matters is that you are willing to do something to level up in your field of expertise.
It is quite unfortunate that there are individuals who do not want to stray from the thoughts, beliefs, values, patterns, and resources that they were used to. Many people assume that it entails that they have to start from scratch again, you see. Others have already programmed their minds to believe that what they are doing now is the best thing for them and nothing else can challenge its greatness. Ironically speaking, though, these folks are typically the ones who end up needing to close down their business or file for bankruptcy later.
That should serve as an obvious clue that something has to change so that you can make a breakthrough.
What Is A Breakthrough?
The word has various definitions on the internet, but what hits closest to home is the idea that it is “an act to go beyond an obstacle.” When Archimedes yelled ‘Eureka!’ as he figured out that the displaced volume of water must be equivalent to the weight of the body part immersed in it, for instance, that is a breakthrough. When you play a strategic game like Super Mario, and your avatar can always pop back up to continue their journey, the character has also made a breakthrough.
How To See It Happen In Your Life
Psychologist Angela Duckworth found that “the ability to recover after failure is one of the most common traits of successful people.” Duckworth termed this “grit,” adding that “it’s often the grittiest kids who get into the best schools, get the best jobs, and, incidentally, win the most spelling bees.”
Now, in case you feel trapped in a messy situation and do not know how to get out of it unscathed, you should not lose hope still. It is possible to leap if you cannot take a single step forward, you know. The technique on how you can do so may not come immediately to you, but that’s why we have compiled the tips below.
Identify The Things That Stop Your Progress And Turn Them Around
The first task involves creating a list of activities or ideas that hinder the flow of success in your life. Its level of difficulty depends on how honest you are to yourself. Some individuals, after all, cannot accept that they are holding on to things that essentially pull them back. Others, meanwhile, may be too innocent to realize that the problem is their thinking pattern.
Deborah Serani, Psy.D. says, “From cooking a new recipe to learning a new yoga pose or taking a challenge that stretches my comfort zone, it’s the entire experience that offers me a sense of well-being. Success can be found in little things and big things. The key is to enjoy the ride once you set out on your material or existential destination.”
Here are the thoughts that you should get rid of or turn around:
- I still want to learn about this company. Ask yourself what you truly want to learn about and what good will it bring you and the company. Assuming a bulb lights up in your head and makes you see that it’s time to move on to a different firm, then that’s what you ought to do.
- I need to focus on things that can allow me to perfect my skills. Nobody – not even the CEOs of massive corporations – can do their job flawlessly. You cannot concentrate on perfection because that might merely lead to disappointments.
- I cannot do it. Being overwhelmed easily tends to make you believe that you are incapable of doing something that others can. Remember, however, that nothing is impossible for someone who deals with their issues with an optimistic mind and a little faith in themselves.
- What if I fail? That will undoubtedly happen if you keep on thinking about it. Maintaining a positive outlook can help you get rid of such negativities.
- I don’t know how to do it / I have never done it before. Being able to run a successful business is not an innate talent. All the entrepreneurs who have achieved their goals have gone through trials and errors before they found the right formula for success. Thus, there’s no need to use such an excuse.
- I don’t know where to start. You can start with baby steps until such time that you can already stand tall and leap to a greater endeavor.
Define A Problem And Generate Possibilities
Suppose that your issue is that you want to sell a property, but many other agents are doing the same thing in the area. Since you are already aware of the problem, you may then start coming up with ways to make the place more marketable than the others.
Say, if there is a house, you can redecorate it. In case it is a land, you can talk about the establishments near it or what the potential buyers can do with it. You may also take pictures of the property and upload them in a related app so that your chances of finding a customer will increase.
“The best news is that setting and striving for a goal, even if you don’t make it, will make you happier.” – Will Meek, Ph.D.
When you have such ideas in your arsenal, you might get a return on investment sooner than later.
Avoid Settling With A Single Plan
Although it is important to prepare a guide on your road to success, it is not ideal to think of a single route. You cannot possibly predict how well it will do in the real world, after all. If it eventually fails to yield fruitful results, you might want to conclude the journey before you can even have a Eureka moment.
The wisest thing to do, therefore, is to make plans A, B, C, et cetera. In this manner, you have different backup strategies to tap into anytime.
Now is genuinely the perfect time to get out of your comfort zone. Push your limits, change the habits that do not benefit you, and challenge your old patterns. Once you manage to do all that and more, a breakthrough may no longer be far behind.